Video Producer Internship.
Between Pixels is a best-in-class video production & marketing agency based out of Marietta, GA.
We take pride in creating story-driven content to help empower our clients to reach and connect with their targeted audience. We help organizations connect with customers, clients, donors, or their own employees with content and campaigns. Visit betweenpixels.co/about to learn more.
Our Internship Program is a part-time paid internship up to 35 hours per week that gives qualified candidates real hands-on experience and the chance to learn from the most fun, experienced and passionate team within the video production space. In other words, you will feel right at home!
As a Video Producer Intern, you’ll work closely on all aspects of production– including being on set! but your superpower is supporting your BP colleagues, delivering great content and an even better unique client experience.
Our program is open to students in undergraduate and graduate programs, or have recently graduated college.
In addition to your core responsibilities, you’ll have an opportunity to contribute beyond your primary role. Whether you have a passion for scriptwriting, acting, marketing, editing, or directing– you’ll get opportunities to sharpen your skills as a well-rounded video and marketing professional.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a rare mix of creativity and organization, a natural planner with a strong creative side.
- You’re personable, resourceful, and tenacious, a combination that enables you to break through bottlenecks without breaking relationships.
- You’re willing to do whatever needs to get done, and your communication and organizational skills enable you to maximize your impact.
- You welcome guidance and feedback, but you are proactive by nature. If you see a gap or a need, you feel compelled to fill it.
- And of course, you love stories and the video, marketing, and technology industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The bulk of your time will be spread across account management, video production, and operations responsibilities. Here are the major activities and responsibilities:
- Reporting on the progress of projects
- Setting schedules and assigning tasks
- Reviewing videos for grammar, quality, and consistency
- Writing scripts and story outlines
- Gain a strong familiarity with the BP Story Framework and ability to run those sessions on your own
- Managing project budgets and deadlines
- Creating project and team workflows
- Sourcing contractors, actors, and voice talent
- Assisting project leads with managing video shoots
- Delivering demos & finals for client approval
- Processing invoices, expenses, and payments
- Reviewing and approving content
- Assisting project leads with managing client relationships
- Brainstorming and prescribing content solutions to meet client goals
- Setting up project plans for video production
- Getting direction and feedback from clients
- Working with DPs and Editors to plan content and shoots
- Mentorship by one of our Producers on the team
- Being on set of productions and other live events
- Learning industry standard equipment
- Collaborating and contributing ideas to real client projects
- Shadowing Producers to learn the ins and outs of set production and post production
- Skill workshops from different departments of the company
- Producing an entire project in collaboration with your fellow interns
You’ll need basic knowledge of the following programs, apps, and hardware. We use most of these on a daily basis, but this list evolves as we test and implement new tools.
- Project management software such as ASANA (what we use), basecamp, or the like.
- Google Docs/Drive/Mail/Calendar/Meet
- Zoom/Google Meet
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere/Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop software
This is a part-time paid internship (up to 35 hours per week) starting June 6 to August 5 and located in Marietta, GA. Our office is currently on a hybrid work model which allows you to work part of the week at home. While our office is always open, you should have a functional setup at home you can rely on.
All applicants must apply through their University Handshake account:
- Two letters of reference
- Links to three pieces of video content and/or a portfolio site showcasing your work
Does your University not have a Handshake account? Please email us the information above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us! We’d love to chat.