Between Pixels is a best-in-class video production & marketing agency based out of Marietta, GA.
We take pride in creating story-driven content to help empower our clients to reach and connect with their targeted audience. We help organizations connect with customers, clients, donors, or their own employees with content and campaigns. Visit betweenpixels.co/about to learn more.
Our Internship Program is a part-time paid internship up to 35 hours per week that gives qualified candidates real hands-on experience and the chance to learn from the most fun, experienced and passionate team within the video production space. In other words, you will feel right at home!
As a Video Editor/Videographer, you’ll assist in creating compelling video content that helps our clients connect with and influence their audience. This internship requires someone with a passion for creating compelling video content and video skills – from using cameras and gear to bringing a Director’s vision to life, to sewing together raw footage, graphics, and music into spectacular video content. When you’re not assisting on shoots, you’ll spend your days in Adobe Premiere, working on your own and assisting on assigned projects and paying close attention to detail — making sure pre-established templates are used properly, files are tidy and your edits are client-ready.
Our program is open to students in undergraduate and graduate programs, or have recently graduated college.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You are currently in or just graduated from college with a similar degree or background in video/media production
- You are creative, regularly coming up with new ideas and opportunities as a natural problem solver
- You are observant and are able to pick up on cues from your environment, often seeing things others don’t
- You love stories, whether telling or hearing them
- And you are humble, constantly looking to grow and seeing feedback as an opportunity to get better
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Video editing for a range of client projects
- Attending and assisting in filming for various projects
- Working with film gear and learning crew roles and management
- Basic lighting design on shoots
- Organizing and archiving footage and assets for productions
- Collaborate with Producers and other DP/Editors to develop content
- Meeting team’s deadlines and milestones for project delivery
- Mentorship by one of our DP/Editors on the team
- Being on set of productions and other live events
- Learning industry standard equipment
- Collaborating and contributing ideas to real client projects
- Shadowing DP/Editors to learn the ins and outs of set production and post production
- Skill workshops from different departments of the company
- Editing and filming an entire project in collaboration with your fellow interns
You’ll need basic knowledge of the following programs, apps and hardware. We use most of these on a daily basis, but this list evolves as we test and implement new tools.
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere
- Experienced with Google Docs
- Limited experience with project management software such as ASANA (what we use) or Basecamp
- Basic understanding of the following cameras: Blackmagic Pocket mini, Panasonic GH5, Sony A7sII
- The following are bonus qualifications for this role:
- Experience with color correction, sound editing and basic motion design
- Set production experience
- Studio experience
- Live streaming events
- Live production switching/soundboard
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
This is a part-time paid internship (up to 35 hours per week) starting June 6 to August 5 and located in Marietta, GA. Our office is currently on a hybrid work model which allows you to work part of the week at home. While our office is always open, you should have a functional setup at home you can rely on.
All applicants must apply through their University Handshake account:
- Two letters of reference
- Links to three pieces of video content and/or a portfolio site showcasing your work
Does your University not have a Handshake account? Please email us the information above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Us! We’d love to chat.