We’re looking for a Video Producer who can deliver great content and an even better client experience.
The Video Producer empowers the team to deliver great content.
As a key member of our video team, you’ll work closely on all aspects of production– but your superpower is delivering great content and an even better client experience. You’ll interview clients to understand their needs, guide them to the right solution, then set up the systems and manage the full production process. Doing your job well means everyone else does theirs better.
We work on a team-based model and use a variant of the Scrum methodology to collaborate and manage projects. Each team has three to five members, depending on the type of content they tend to deliver. You may produce a TV ad, social media content, corporate case study, non-profit vision video, video course, virtual content, or live production. And while the type of content you may produce is wide, it’s all based on a deep understanding of the audience, the client’s needs, and story-driven messaging.
In addition to your core team, you’ll be part of the broader team at Between Pixels. Which means you’ll have an opportunity to contribute beyond your primary role. Whether you have a passion for scriptwriting, acting, marketing, editing, or directing– you’ll get opportunities to sharpen your skills as a well-rounded video and marketing professional.
WHO YOU ARE
Success at Between Pixels requires a high level of competency in your role as well as a personality and character that is well suited for a small, dynamic environment. You can do great things here, but it’s not right for everyone. We invite you to do a little reflecting to make sure the following describes you.
You are a rare mix of creativity and organization, a natural planner with a strong creative side. You’re personable, resourceful, and tenacious, a combination that enables you to break through bottlenecks without breaking relationships. You’re willing to do whatever needs to get done, and your communication and organizational skills enable you to maximize your impact. You welcome guidance and feedback, but you are proactive by nature. If you see a gap or a need, you feel compelled to fill it. And of course, you love stories and the video, marketing, and technology industry.
Although the number of years is not an accurate predictor of success in this role, it’s likely the person to fill this role will have between 3 and 10 years of experience leading video projects. That experience could be as an independent contractor, corporate employee, or on the agency side.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The bulk of your time will be spread across account management, video production, and operations responsibilities. Here are the major activities and responsibilities:
- Managing client relationships
- Prescribing content solutions to meet client goals
- Setting up project plans for video production
- Getting direction and feedback from clients
- Working with DPs and Editors to plan content and shoots
- Setting schedules and assigning tasks
- Reporting on the progress of projects
- Reviewing videos for grammar, quality, and consistency
- Writing scripts and story outlines
- Strong familiarity with the BP Story Framework and ability to run those sessions on your own
- Managing project budgets and deadlines
- Creating project and team workflows
- Sourcing contractors, actors, and voice talent
- Managing video shoots
- Delivering demos & finals for client approval
- Processing invoices, expenses, and payments
- Reviewing and approving content
You’ll need basic knowledge of the following programs, apps, and hardware. We use most of these on a daily basis, but this list evolves as we test and implement new tools.
- Actors Access
- Shoot planning software like Celtx (or similar)
- Google Docs/Drive/Mail/Calendar/Meet
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere/Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop software
This is a full-time position located in Marietta, GA that requires some travel. However, our office is currently on a hybrid work model which allows our staff to work part of the week at home. While our office is always open to employees, you should have a functional setup at home you can rely on.
About Between Pixels:
Between Pixels is a small, full-service video agency based in Marietta, GA. We help organizations connect with customers, clients, donors, or their own employees with content and campaigns. Visit betweenpixels.co/about to learn more.