The Junior Motion Graphic Designer creates compelling video and design content that helps our clients connect with and influence their audience. You will collaborate with our in-house creative team to concept, design, and animate motion graphics for various video projects and marketing campaigns. This could mean everything from a fully animated video made from scratch, to utilizing existing brand elements or templates and bringing them to life through motion. The Motion Graphic Designer will have the opportunity to create content for all platforms — social, digital, and broadcast.
WHO YOU ARE
Success at Between Pixels requires a high level of competency in your role as well as a personality and character that is suited for a small, dynamic environment. You can do great things here, but it’s not right for everyone. We invite you to do a little reflecting to make sure the following describes you.
You are creative problem solver, regularly coming up with new ideas and alternate paths around roadblocks. You appreciate consistency and find satisfaction in a job well done. You are technically savvy, embracing the ever-changing world of video and culture to stay relevant. You are resourceful, proactive, and rarely miss a detail. And you are humble, constantly looking to grow and seeing feedback as an opportunity to get better.
Although the number of years is not an accurate predictor of success in this role, it’s likely the person to fill this role will have between 1 and 3 years of relevant experience. That experience could be as an independent contractor, corporate employee, or on the agency side.
- Work alone or in tandem with the senior motion graphic designer to take projects from concept to delivery of animation – storyboard, design, animate, render and ship
- Create design and animation solutions for internal and external marketing needs
- Comfortable working with existing assets and adding animation, as well as creating visuals to animate from scratch
- Support other teams in the company by creating assets in varying formats
- Participate in the creative ideation process, bringing new ideas to the table while offering a fresh perspective to pre-existing themes and concepts
- Handle multiple, overlapping projects and processes efficiently and under tight deadlines
- Be detailed-oriented to ensure projects are reviewed and delivered on spec and on time
- Keep an eye out for industry developments and new program features that could benefit your work
- Be willing to learn new techniques when the opportunity calls for it
- Regularly communicate with the team lead and project collaborators on your production status
You’ll need proficiency in the following programs:
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere
- Cinema 4D or equivalent 3D animation skills are a plus
- Camera skills are a plus
Familiarity with schedule, file managing, and communication apps such as:
- Dropbox/Google Suite
Must provide reel and/or portfolio to be considered.