We’re looking for a highly creative graphic designer.
Between Pixels is a marketing and video agency that helps companies use content to reach and influence their audience. Our marketing and design group is expanding and we’re looking for a highly creative graphic designer who can take conceptual ideas and create great-looking assets across print and the web. You’ll help push our client’s visual identities further and create content their audiences know and love.
We work with a diverse range of clients, in terms of size, vision, and function. We partner with small non-profits to help them realize their mission, and we also work with big corporations to create content that informs, educates, and inspires their customers or staff. What’s shared across clients is our focus on story-driven content and a passion for client service. To be successful at Between Pixels, you need to have a genuine passion for building relationships and helping our clients succeed.
Our ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of their tools and be skilled with every step of the design process from initial concepts to the final deliverable. Between Pixels uses a team model that helps us deliver a great customer experience and world-class work. You’ll be a member of our Marketing and Design team, so you’ll have the opportunity to work with a group of people who share your passion for creating story-driven content that looks great and influences what people think, say, or do. This graphic designer role should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that shines. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, with the ability to vary style and layouts depending on the context of a project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, the following is a representative, but not necessarily comprehensive, objectives for this role:
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using the Adobe Creative Suite and Figma to visualize and develop brand design that meets business goals, including digital design for email, website, social media, video, animation, out-of-home, and print collateral.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to create consistent and strategic brand assets.
- Ensure designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, present design work to clients, and represent the company appropriately.
- Provide high-level mockups and concepts for pitching and creative review.
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with the marketing team, meeting deadlines and budget constraints, and scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects.
- Clearly communicate ideas through various levels of the creative process: design strategy, concepting, prototyping, all the way through to final deliverables.
- Ensure deliverables meet brand standards and follow creative briefs.
- Contribute positively to existing processes, identifying flaws and creating solutions to improve design capabilities.
- Update and maintain internal brand libraries of designs, photography, and video.
- Proactively stay up-to-date with digital and social media trends.
- Jump in as needed to support the team with day-to-day creative requests.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates a range of brand and marketing design.
- 4+ years experience (academic and professional) with the Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Figma. Competency working in Dropbox and Google Workspace products.
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills with an eye for typography, layout, branding, color theory, and best practices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, balancing multiple projects and timelines, capability to work both collaboratively and independently, while remaining accountable & delivering projects on time
- A ‘no task is too small’ attitude, willing to jump in as needed to support the team with day-to-day creative.
- Motion or web design experience
- Video, copywriting, or other relevant experience
Our company is built upon trust and great relationships, both with our clients and with our fellow team members. Our clients keep working with us because they love working with us. If you’re a rock star designer but don’t work well with people, this isn’t the job for you. We hire for character over skills, but you need to have both. You also need to be curious, open to constructive criticism, and highly self-motivated. We hire people that our clients love to work with, because they know we’ll deliver great work and take care of them – no matter what happens.
This is a full-time position based out of our office in Marietta, GA. But we may start on a part-time or full-time contract basis for the right person. Our office is open, and we’re currently working in a hybrid model where we’re all together two days a week with the rest of the week remote-optional. We’re a very collaborative bunch and prefer to work in the same physical space, but our policies are always evolving and we’ll continue to evaluate.
About Between Pixels:
Between Pixels is a small, full-service video agency based in Marietta, GA. We help organizations connect with customers, clients, donors, or their own employees with content and campaigns. Visit betweenpixels.co/about to learn more.